Frequently Asked Questions

I have small red bites on my body when I wake up in the morning. Could it be possible that I have any insects in my mattress?

Yes. It could be bed bugs. You must know how to recognise the signs that are blood spots, black or dark brown fecal stains, the bugs, the nymphs and the small white eggs, their cast exoskeleton skins from molting. Carefully remove the blankets and the sheets and put them in a large plastic bag. Inspect all the seams and folds of the mattress, around and inside the box spring, the headboard and the bed frame. Inspect the furniture around the bed, the baseboards, suitcases, backpacks, shoes, clothing, etc. If no evidence is discovered, maybe the intrusion is too much new to perceive any signs.

It could also be flying insects or an allergic reaction.      

If it proves that you have bed bugs, we strongly recommend you to seek professional help.   Bed bugs are extremely difficult to eliminate and do-it-yourself measures almost fail every time. If you hired us, we would ask you to avoid moving or throwing away your furniture or spray anything. This would only scatter the bugs and reduce the chance of success of the initial treatment.

I would like to hire your services for a cockroach problem. What are the chances of success for your treatment?

This will depend on the level of infestation, the sanitation and the conditions of the building (water leaks, excessive moisture, clutter, etc.) Our cockroach treatments are among the most effective on the market. Usually, in a badly infested apartment, 90% of the roach population dies within the first 3 days and the other 10% within the next 3 weeks. Completely eradicate a cockroach infestation is very possible as long as we put the efforts required. We do it every day.

Are the pesticides you use harmful for my family and pets?

Reputable pest-control companies follow the strictest industry standards for the treatment of pest insects in your home, whether the goal is to get rid of ants or bed bugs. DM Extermination is certified by the Quebec Minister of the Environment, and for the safety of all people and pets living in your home, we only use approved pesticides.

How long should I wait before washing my windows after outdoor spraying?

We recommend waiting 24 hours, after which you can wash or rinse your windows with a hose or pressure washer.

Can I apply a pesticide myself, or should I deal with a pest control service?

There are many ready-to-use pesticides on the market, but by working with a certified extermination specialist, you’re guaranteed that the treatment will be suitable and effective. DM Extermination specialists can identify the exact kind of insect and carry out a treatment using the correct dosages to solve the problem. For best results, you should work with a professional pest-control exterminator.